The following are specific grant restrictions:
- The Foundation will assist all eligible patients in need of financial help on a first-come, first-served basis; to the extent funding is available.
- You must reside in one of the following counties:
Nebraska: Boone, Butler, Cass, Fillmore, Gage, Jefferson, Johnson, Lancaster, Nemaha, Otoe, Polk, Pawnee, Richardson, Saline, Saunders, Seward, Thayer and York. Kansas: Brown, Marshall, Nemaha, Republic and Washington.
- Patients will not be eligible for assistance unless they meet the Foundation’s financial need eligibility criteria.
- The Foundation may ask at any time for further documentation to support a patient’s eligibility, including after any grant has been extended. Any falsification of an application is fraudulent and subject to potential criminal penalties and civil damages.
- In all cases, the patient will already be under the care of a physician with a treatment regimen in place at the time of application.
- The Foundation will make no referrals or recommendations regarding specific providers, practitioners, suppliers, products, or plans.
- Patients will not be informed of the identity of specific donors.
- The determination of a patient’s financial qualification for assistance will be based solely on his or her financial need; without considering the identity of any of his or her health care providers, practitioners, suppliers, products, or insurance plan; the identity of any referring party; or the identity of any donor that may have contributed for the support of the patient’s condition.
- Assistance will be based upon a reasonable, verifiable, and uniform measure of financial need that will be applied in a consistent manner.
- Patients are free at any time to switch providers, practitioners, suppliers, or products without affecting their continued eligibility for financial assistance.
- Medicare beneficiaries are free to switch insurance plans when permitted by the Medicare program, without affecting their eligibility for assistance.